J Jayavasanthan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
Is it necessary to clear bindings in a Prepared Statement, before
reusing it to insert or update or select from the database again,

No. In fact, sometimes it is useful that sqlite3_reset preserves bindings, e.g. if one needs to insert several rows that differ only in a small number of fields.

I recently found out, sqlite3_reset doesn't reset the bound
parameters in a prepare statement, and sqlite3_clear_bindings need to
be used,

It can be used, but it doesn't _need_ to be used. You can simply bind the same parameter again, which replaces the old binding with the new one.

If sqlite3_clear_bindings is not done and I repeatedly use it to
insert into a table few binary values, will this affect the memory
allocations and usage by sqlite and is there any possibility of
ending up with a corrupt database due to the above mis-interpretation,

No.

Igor Tandetnik