Hi Rob,

On 7/13/07, Rob Richardson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Greetings!

But I'm wondering if I can use an in-memory database to improve this
dramatically.  The data is collected by a Windows service that collects
data and adds it to the database once a minute.  If the service would
also store the data into an in-memory database, and the graphing
application could somehow read the same database, I ought to be able to
get unbelievable speed.  Is this feasible?  If so, how would I set it
up?

You might want to have a look at the "Times Ten" database solution which is
now owned by Oracle. You might want to use it to build the kind of a "fast"
in-between cache that you have mentioned in your.

--
HTH

Asif