Hi Tom,

I have one more query regarding usage of indexes.

> 2. From left to right in the same order as your index. So if you
> create index MyIndex on MyTable ( Column1, Column2, Column3 ), then
> you must test them in the same order, eg: where Column1 = Value1 and
> Column2 = Value2 or Column3 = Value3. If you miss a column in the
> sequence or place one out of order, the index won't be used from that
> point in the test onwards.

If I use only one of the Column i.e. Column1, Column2 or Column3 in a query
Would it still use the index MyIndex or that we need to have the 3 Columns
(in sequence) in the test in order to use the MyIndex?

Regards,

Bharath Booshan L.

Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an
intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to
and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its
attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe.
However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or
virus.