Hi Lee,

If I answer wrongly here, I trust (and hope) someone will correct me:

Regarding: "I need a way to programmatically import data from flat
files..."

Sqlite itself is designed to be small and simple -- for some embedded
uses even the sql parser is removed.  I don't think there's an api call
for such imports.

However, the full source of the command line software is available as a
model.

FWIW, I import files using batch files quite often.  Note that the
.import command requies the target table name.
If you try it, you will want to preface the .import with a command of
   .separator '\t'
since the default is a virgule ('|').

BTW, I don't think the .import can tolerate separator characters within
a field -- and surrounding a field with quotes will only cause the
quotes to be imported as well.  Since you're using a tab as separator
you probably won't have that issue, but with comma-separated files, it
can be a problem.