> Also, you may want to consider avoiding performing an IN on a UNION.
> As far as I know, SQLite doesn't optimize that, so will build the
> entire union before performing the IN. If you instead do the
> following, it should be a lot faster (if you have lots of data). But
> I may be wrong.

   Err... I think the sub-query in an IN clause has to be executed
before the outer query can be started, so whether you do two sub-queries
and UNION them or two sub-queries and separately check the results
wouldn't seem to make much difference to me.  Either way, both have to
be executed before anything else can be done.

   -T