Create a column with DATE type and Sqlite will make it numeric affinity. Store the date in Sqlite format using the date functions julianday, datetime etc. You can use the strftime function for special date formatting.

Sqlite has functions to go from ISO8601 date format to the internal date format which is based on an astronomical epoch. The internal numerical date and time format makes comparisons straightforward.

Chris Peachment wrote:
Why don't you try it and see?

Use the sqlite3 command line interpreter
with the a sample database.