I have an application that attaches 7 databases and then does
MANY updates to those databases (maybe a million or two inserts
in a day, spread out over maybe 10,000 separate transactions).

For some reason the client is seeing many master journal files
(<datbase file>-mj<random>) left lying around.  I'm asking for
logs to see if there are any SQLite errors returned.  In the mean
time, what would cause those files to not get deleted?  I'm quite
sure the app isn't stopping while running.  One possible twist: I
have two database handles to the set of 7 databases.  One is used
only for SELECTS, while the other does INSERTS and SELECTS (made
my wrapper easier to handle).  They are both only used from a
single thread, and each action is atomic (ie the two handles are
never used in an interleaved fashion--one has finalized all
outstanding statements before the other is used).

This is 3.4.1 on Windows 2003.

Thanks for any ideas.

Doug