On 8/23/07, Dennis Achá <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I cannot open a new SQLite3 database file through the command prompt.  In
> the
> windows "run" window, I type "SQLite3 mydatabase.db3" and I get the
> following error
> message:
> "Cannot find the file 'SQLite3' (or one of its components). Make
> sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are
> available."
> The only thing I can do is open the SQLite3.exe file and work directly off
> of it, but I
> cannot save anything.
>
> I have the following files in a folder located on the C drive:
>
> 1. sqlite3.exe    application
> 2. sqlite3_analyzer   application
> 3. sqlite3.dll
> 4. tclsqlite3.dll
> 5. sqlite3.def
> 6. fts2.def
> 7. fts2.dll
>
> This happens on my two (Win XP, Win 98SE) home computers and my work
> computer (Win 2000).  Can anybody help me figure this out so I can start
> creating my database?  I'd
> greatly appreciate it.  Thanks

My advice to you, as not many people still know how to work well with
the windows command line,  is to get and use one of the sqlite GUIs
that let you use sqlite databases using a graphical manager.

Just select one in the
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ManagementTools page, preferably
an open source one (I'm sure there are good ones that deserve the
money one pays for them, but it's stupid to pay before you know the
limitations of the free alternatives).

The reason I don't explain why your way doesn't work is because if you
don't know what a PATH is then it's hard to say how to open a  command
line and start typing DOS commands.

Regards,
~Nuno Lucas