On 30/08/2007, B V, Phanisekhar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Simon,
>
> > Without knowing your design, it looks like you wish to be able to
> > determine type from the id. This is creating a problem. Can you not
> > store the type separately from the id?
>
> Why is this creating a problem?
> No it's not possible to store the type separately.
>
> I just need the answer for my original question.
>
> Regards,
> Phanisekhar

Phani,

Without the requirement to have unique ids within fixed ranges
dependant on type, you could just declare a column as 'INTEGER PRIMARY
KEY' and let sqlite take care of assigning your ids. As it is you have
to come up with a way to generate these unique ids yourself, hence
your question. This is what I have termed a problem.

Rgds,
Simon