On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 09:34:18 +0530, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am using SQLite 3_3_17with the default configuration of SQLite.
>Using Windows XP C++ API.
>50,000 inserts into Table (with primary key and no other index as single
>transaction commit) is taking 4.609000 sec.
>50,000 selects from Table ( having 1,00,000 rec with primary key and no
>other index) , query using primary key is taking 8.751000 sec.
>I have to achieve insertion bench mark of nearly 50,000 insertions in 1.5 to
>2 sec.
>I have to achieve selection bench mark of nearly 50,000 selections in 1.5 to
>2 sec.
>Please tell me if it is possible to tune Sqlite to achieve this performance.
>
>Regards,
>Ramana

In general:

1) Optimize your schema and queries.

2) Look at what PRAGMA can do for you, and apply them in the
correct order.

http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html

3) Before loading, sort your input in key order.

4) Tune your operating system and file system.

5) Adjust hardware.

Good luck
--
  (  Kees Nuyt