This I know, but the thing is, I want the ROWID in VIEW to be
sequential even after a SELECT with some condition has been executed,
ie., from 1 to n. Just like in normal table. In your case it is not
like that.

Ah, OK, I asked a similar question a week or two ago, and had to come up with my own solution (two actually), in the absence of others. Look for the thread "Enumerating rows in a view" in this mail list (or archive).

By the way, what I mean to say is, why don't we have default ROWID in VIEW like as in normal TABLE.

In a few situations (such as my previous thread) I'd like to have an enumerated sequence in a view, but I would not want this to replace the rowid that we carry over from a table. We need the rowid from a table so we can match rows (eg when the user changes a value in view data which we need to redirect back to the corresponding table data).

Tom