On 9/2/07, Babu, Lokesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anyone help me out, What is FTS1, How to use FTS1, If any sample
> programs to use FTS1 and understand better.

The "fts" modules are "fulltext search" modules for SQLite.  "Fulltext
search" meaning that it builds an index based on terms in the data
stored, rather than on the full column.  So you could store this
email, and searches for the term "fulltext" will hit it.

fts1 was the first iteration, and had performance problems when
storing many documents (on the order of 10,000 documents).  fts2 is
the next iteration, which is significantly faster than fts1 and can
easily store hundreds of thousands of documents.

fts3 is a version of fts2 with a design flaw fixed.  Both fts1 and
fts2 will be deprecated RSN in favor of fts3, but, for now, fts2 is
what you should be using.

Usage is straight-forward, you just write SQLite code.  The most
recent examples I've written were part of the Google Gears docs, at:
   http://code.google.com/apis/gears/api_database.html#sqlite_fts

Obviously, the way you execute SQLite statements in Google Gears
differs from how you'd do so in C or something else, but the SQLite
statements themselves work the same.

Depending on your platform, you may have to build SQLite from scratch
to get fts2 linked in.  There's somewhat dated information about this
at:
   http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=FullTextIndex

-scott