"Andre du Plessis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I use the API as always:
>
> ColType := sqlite3_column_type(Pointer(FHandle), I);
>
> This has always worked fine for me and type returned was SQLITE_TEXT

If sqlite3_column_type() returns SQLITE_NULL when in fact
the column really contains a text value and not a NULL, then
that is a bug.  You should report it.

Please note, however, that sqlite3_column_type() returns
the actual datatype of the content of a particular row
of a particular column.  It does *not* report on the
declared datatype of a column.  If you really asking
for the declared datatype of a column, use
sqlite3_column_decltype() instead.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>