[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
LIKE is case-insensitive by default. To have it use your index, you
need to either make the index case-insensitive:

CREATE INDEX test_name ON test (name COLLATE NOCASE);

Sorry, tried to create the index this way, but it
still isn't used by the query.

http://www.sqlite.org/optoverview.html#like_opt

Yes, that's precisely the document that led me to believe the optimization should take place. But it doesn't seem to work for me either:

CREATE TABLE test (name char);
CREATE INDEX test_name ON test (name COLLATE NOCASE);

explain query plan select * from test where name LIKE 'aaa%';

order    from    detail
0          0          TABLE test

Igor Tandetnik