--- RaghavendraK 70574 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But with large cache there is too much fragmentation observered (pgin/pgout)
> over a period of time. Do u see this behaviour?

Fragmentation is not a function of page cache size, but yes,
I also see this fragmentation if the secondary index exists before
the inserts. If you create the index after your inserts, you will
have far less (or no) fragmentation.

See the merge-sort point in:

  http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ToDo

> My CacheSize: 32KB, PgSize: 8KB (to the limits)

Try a page size of 32768 and a value of half your RAM for cache size.