--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Well, I'm not looking for shell.c or main.c ... perhaps the build
> process is , but not me.

Maybe you should tell us what you are trying to do.
I see some TCL stuff in there.  I can't help you with that.
However, I can tell you that the command "cc sqlite3.c -o sqlite" will
try to create an executable program file.  One of the requirements of an
executable program is an entry point that is called when your program is
started.  That entry point is usually called "main" or "WinMain" for
Windows programs.  The sqlite.c file does not define an entry point.
You must write a program that defines the appropriate entry point.  That
is the reason you are getting that error.
There is a file called "shell.c" that can be found in the source
distribution for SQLite that defines the "main" entry point and builds
into a program that you run from the command prompt.  The program
accepts and executes SQL statements and displays the results.
The command "cc -c sqlite3.c" will compile sqlite3.c without performing
the linking step.  You will be left with sqlite3.o.  You will then need
to link sqlite3.o into a program.
The command "cc sqlite3.c shell.c -o sqlite3" will compile sqlite3.c and
shell.c and link them into an executable program file called sqlite3.

Shawn