Thanks for your quick answer.

RaghavendraK 70574 wrote:
> Try this, use mmap
> (i assume u'r db is readonly)this is much faster and
> better than ifstream read. Also ifstream read can keep the data in
cache as long as no other serious
> i/o occurs.

Our DB is readwrite, though in my example readonly is a valid option.
I just saw the sqlite3_open_v2 function takes a READONLY flag as
argument, so I'll try to use it for my example, and see if it makes any
difference to READWRITE mode...

> U need to accept it as we work with Virtual Mem or
> write your own FileSystem which is mem based and short circuits os
calls. Sqlite 3.5x has good support for such ext.

As I said, the "nasty" trick works and we'll live with it (writing our
own FileSystem is not an option). We would just like to understand
better what's happening, to know why and when the "first run" is so much
slower. And should we read the whole file beforehand, only parts of it?
Does it depend on how much RAM is installed, ...? If you have any hints
they are welcome. I guess I should ask NTFS experts as well.

>  This email and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure,
reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!