1. tell my email client to add a copy of the sent message to the
folder it
belongs

That is the most brilliant idea I've ever seen in my entire life.<<

Forgive me for saying "how sad". Surely there must have been something more inspiring than an e-mail trick? Or maybe you are very young :)

If you don't mind being patient all the list messages appear neatly sorted at the URL below in due course, and you'll see what has arrived as well as what has been sent:

http://www.mail-archive.com/sqlite-users%40sqlite.org/

Michael Hooker