Owen Watson wrote:
I'd like to have a one line batch file:
sqlite3 test 'insert into testable values ('value1','value2')'

have you tried something like:

echo insert into testable values ('value1', 'value2'); | sqlite3 test

note ";" at end of statement and "|" pipe char in command line.
This should work in a Windows "cmd" console - not tested, unix/linux would be similar.

but the few variants of this I've tried don't work.

I've seen and understood the batch file that calls another text file
approach but I was wondering  if I could avoid this overhead for a
one-liner.

Regards
   John McMahon
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]