Yes, the original post was mine.

I have removed the following code from the fillInUnixFile method (in my
local port) to the following, and with limited testing so far, have not run
into any problems:

  pNew = sqlite3_malloc( sizeof(unixFile) );
  if( pNew==0 ){
    close(h);
    enterMutex();
    releaseLockInfo(pNew->pLock);
    releaseOpenCnt(pNew->pOpen);
    leaveMutex();
    return SQLITE_NOMEM;
  }else{

(snipit starts at line 2196)

Also, I think there might be a bug on line 2193:

  pNew->dirfd = -1;

Seems like that should be:

  pNew->dirfd = dirfd;

Again, I have made these changes with very limited testing, and it least it
isn't blowing up.  :)

Thanks,
Mark