Sorry.. meant English is NOT my primary language :)

Daniel Önnerby wrote:
I figure I'll keep it short since it's only for the FAQ.
English is my primary language, but here my suggestion:

Question: Does SQLite handle unicode?

Short answer: Yes!

Answer:
SQLite handles unicode very well. SQLite stores texts in either UTF-16 or UTF-8 format depending on how the database is created (sqlite3_open or sqlite3_open16). SQLite will also seamlessly convert between the different formats depending on how you retrieve the texts (sqlite3_column_text or sqlite_column_text16) regardless on what format it has been saved as.

There are some cases -like using case insensitive LIKE- where SQLite needs to be extended with the ICU extension to fully work with unicode strings.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Daniel_=D6nnerby?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Unicode questions seems to come up at least once a week on the mailinglist. Maybe there should be something about this in the FAQ or the features page?

I will happily accept suggested text for such entries.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>