Trilok Soni wrote:
Hi John,

On Dec 18, 2007 11:53 PM, John Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sqlite depends upon POSIX file locks.  It is no better or no worse than
the POSIX lock implementation on your platform.

Thanx for the reply. My platform is based on Linux running on ARM9, with
having 128MB of the flash on it. The captured video from analog/IP camera
will be stored on the NAS storage device connected to it through network, which
gets mounted to the filesystem using NFS. So, the database file containing these
videos meta information will be stored on NAS device, not on the flash
partition,
as flash is used to keep programs binaries and the size constraint.

We use Sqlite in a multi-user environment without dependency oin the
POSIX locks by embedding it in a server using HTTP when it is on a
remote machine.  We get the small footprint and simoplicity of Sqlite
and get no multi-user glitches regardless of platform.

I am not able to understand, what you mean here by "embedding sqlite in a
server using HTTP when it is on a remote machine". In our project scenario,
we do have remote interface of this platform using embedded webserver running
on the device (e.g. boa/lighthttpd/webapp) and we want to show various
information
about these videos on the webpage by searching this file database
residing on the NAS.

Only confusion for selecting SQLite came here is, because we are not storing
this database on the local flash on the device, but on the NFS mounted
NAS device,
which gets accessed/configured through web-interface provided by the
device through
some embedded webserver as explained in the earlier paragraph. And
SQLite FAQs I have
pointed mentions that there could be problem in accessing the database
over the NFS,
this is where I got confused and unable to decide to go for SQLite or not.

Your storage issue is not deciding on Sqlite, it is deciding on NAS or a DB server.