"Mark Riehl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm working with version 3.5.2 under Linux.  I've got a database that
> is being shared between two processes and I'm running into issues with
> the journal file that doesn't go away.  When that happens, one process
> appears to have the lock on the database and the other process is
> essentially locked out.
>
> A few questions for you:
>
> 1. Is there a way to look at the contents of the journal file so that
> I know which insert statements are currently queued up?  This way, I
> can try and work backwards from there and see what the issue is.

If you are storing text data, I guess you could use "strings" too
see bits and pieces of it.  But it won't be in any recognizable
order.

> 2. Is there a way to determine the current database state (unlocked,
> shared, pending, reserved, exclusive) ?

http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/c_fcntl_lockstate.html

For additional background information one what SQLite does
with locking and journal files, please see

http://www.sqlite.org/atomiccommit.html
http://www.sqlite.org/lockingv3.html

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>