On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 10:24:53PM -0800, Scott Hess wrote:
> Seems to me that GLOB is a poor substitute for REGEXP.  At the shell

If, as I suspect, many more users can enter simple globs than can enter
simple regexps, then providing a GLOB operator and function in SQLite is
very useful indeed.  Of course, regexps are very useful as well,
particularly for "power" users, so it's good that SQLite offers both: it
makes development of applications that offer either, or both glob and
regexp search options, much easier.

IMO the regexp facility should get more attention than the glob
facility, but both should be present.

Nico