Thanks for the inputs experts,

I am using SQLite 3.4.0 on Mac OS X Leapord,  and using regexp in my query
reports an error

SQL error: no such function: regexp

I tried to use the query using GLOB and another query which separates
FilePath into Dirpath and FileName and uses LIKE comparison.

Both seems to be working fine.

Is this the optimized query one could achieve for this problem? Is there any
other way which I could retrieve results much faster than the two queries I
have mentioned above?

Thanks & Regards,

Bharath

On 1/29/08 12:11 AM, "James Dennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>