Hi Puneet,

> I have a db in which the data in some fields in some tables has
> newlines (line breaks). All is fine until I want to export this into
> a CSV or tab-delimited format in which case the line breaks mess up
> the
> row-by-row records.

How does it mess it up? CSV facilitates newlines in the data by
wrapping in quotes any cells containing them. I just did a quick text
using:

.mode csv
select MyField from MyTable;

where data in myField contains newlines etc, and SQLite seemed to
output correctly, wrapping those data elements in double quotes.

into what other program do you want to import the resulting CSV? All
software that properly handles CSV importing should handle the output
from SQLite correctly (according to by brief test).

> I am thinking, maybe I should not allow storing line breaks in the
> database

I think that's extreme and starts scrambling the egg.

Tom
BareFeet