On Feb 12, 2008 4:04 AM, Roger Binns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Norman Young wrote:
> > Can this same interface be accessed in Python?
>
> That API has to be wrapped.
>
> > Can this be done from Python via the sqlite3 module? Can you point me to
> > examples?
>
> I have implemented it in APSW in the development code (ie not released
> yet).  You can find the source on the python sqlite site
> http://www.initd.org/tracker/pysqlite/wiki/APSW#Developmentversion
> ... <http://sqlite.org/c3ref/blob_open.html>
> Roger

Thanks for your quick response, Roger.

We have compiled the apsw module in the Maemo OS2008 (chinook) SDK. We
successfully imported the Python module, both within the SDK, and on the
Tablet. We have not yet specifically tested the incremental blob i/o access,
but I expect that to go well.

We had to exclude references to sqlite3_enable_load_extension and
sqlite3_load_extension from within apsw.c, in order to avoid undefined
symbol references during the build (python setup.py install).

static PyObject *
Connection_enableloadextension(Connection *self, PyObject *enabled)
{
#if 0
#endif
}
static PyObject *
Connection_loadextension(Connection *self, PyObject *args)
{
#if 0
#endif
}

We presume that the symbol resolution failure arose from shortcomings in the
SDK cross-compilation environment. Since we do not need sqlite3 to load
extensions, this work-around serves our purposes. Perhaps more ambitious
Maemo SDK users will investigate further than we have.

Thanks for the great module. We look forward to using blob incremental i/o
via Python in our continuing development. It enables an important
improvement in our design.

Norm.