------ Forwarded Message
From: Bharath Booshan L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:32:14 +0530
To: Eugene Wee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Conversation: [sqlite] Query to Find number of distinct records
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Query to Find number of distinct records

I was off for lunch

> The thing is, it should work. What is the error message?

sqlite> select count(DISTINCT Name) as nameCount from TableA;
SQL error: near "DISTINCT": syntax error

On 2/27/08 1:24 PM, "Eugene Wee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Bharath Booshan L wrote:
>> Yeah!! I got it right this time.
>>
>> Select count(*) from ( select DISTINCT Name from TableA);
>>

>> But what's not getting into my mind is the difference b/w the following two
>> queries:
>>
>> Select count( Name) from TableA  -- works fine
>>
>> Select count(DISTINCT Name) from TableA -- doesn't work, Any reason?
>
> The thing is, it should work. What is the error message?
>
> Regards,
> Eugene Wee

------ End of Forwarded Message

Robosoft Technologies - Come home to Technology

Disclaimer: This email may contain confidential material. If you were not an
intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Emails to
and from our network may be logged and monitored. This email and its
attachments are scanned for virus by our scanners and are believed to be safe.
However, no warranty is given that this email is free of malicious content or
virus.