Hi,
I am working in 3.3.6
My table is as follows:

"create table MUSIC(id integer primary key,Album text,Artist text);"
Id                Album                 Artist
1               eeee                    z
2               dddd                    w
3               cccc                    s
4               aaaa                    t

I want to sort the Album First and then I have to tell the rowid of the
particular string pattern.If that pattern is not present it has to provide
the next string match.

I tried as follows:
"CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Temp as SELECT Album from MUSIC ORDER BY Album;

Rowid           Id              Album
1               4               aaaa
2               3               cccc
3               2               dddd
4               1               eeee

SELECT rowid,Album FROM Temp WHERE Album like 'c%';
Output: rowed -> 2 and Album -> cccc

My doubt is for this statement
"SELECT rowid , Album FROM Temp WHERE Album like 'b%'; " I am not having any
Album with match pattern starting with b so I want the rowed and Album for
the string next to the provided ie, rowed ->3  and Album -> cccc.

Can any one please help to solve my problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Mahalakshmi.M