Hello Toby,

You can pass in anything you want, a pointer, a number. As long as it
fits in the native size of the parameter. You can pass the ADDRESS of
an object as long as it doesn't go out of scope between the call and
when the processing finishes. I tend to pass the "this" pointer to the
class that owns the processing so, I can cast a pointer to the class
from within the callback and operate on my class.

You should seriously consider NOT using the callbacks at all. Using
the "prepare" API. I find I seldom need them. Pretty much the only
reason I'll use them now is for displaying progress on some long term
process.

Saturday, March 1, 2008, 8:03:00 AM, you wrote:

TR> Hello all

TR> Looking at the API reference. it would apear you can send an extra
TR> "custom" argument to the callback fro sqlite3_exec, using the 4th
TR> parameter - how does this work, and inperticular, could I pass an object
TR> through to the call back, and if so, how?

TR> Thanks

TR> Toby

Best regards,
 Teg                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]