I had something very similar happen.  In my case there was a journal file
that was created by a service, so it had different file rights.  My account
didn't have rights to the journal, but when SQLite saw the journal there and
wasn't able to play it back, it reported the database locked error.
Changing the journal file rights solved it for me.  If you deleted the
journal file (if there was one) that might explain it in your case.

Doug