> >Hello
> >
> >I noticed that the PDO::SQLite driver that comes with PHP 5.2.5 is
> >3.3.17, while the non-OOP version is 2.8.17.
> >
> >Does someone know how to recompile PHP with the latest SQLite source?
>
> You don't have to, the alternative is:
>
> extension=php_pdo_sqlite_external.dll
> plus the current sqlite3.dll
> That works for me.
>
> php_pdo_sqlite_external.dll can be in the  php/ext directory,
> as usual.
> You may have to copy  sqlite3.dll  to the  apache/bin directory.

Kees,

That's fine for windows, unfortunately the same facility is not
available in the unix world.

I compiled a PDO module using 3.5.4 (I think) using the source code from
SQLite.org. Took a little fiddling but eventually got it to work. It
past the same PHP tests as the latest PDO version (3.3.17)  so presume
it works okay. It was compiled using Ubuntu 7.04 x86. If anyone wants
this shared library, let me know and I can send a copy.

Nick