Hello Lukasz,

to insert a picture (or any binary data for that matter), you can read
the data from the file and use sqlite3_bind_blob to insert (or update) it.
When selecting it from the database, use sqlite_column_blob to retrieve
the data and sqlite3_column_bytes to get the length.

An alternative is to convert the binary data to a string before storing
it in the database. For this you can use base64 - encoding or sonething
like this.

See
http://www.sqlite.org/capi3ref.html#sqlite3_bind_blob
http://www.sqlite.org/capi3ref.html#sqlite3_column_blob
and the sqlite3_blob* - functions.

On how to design your database, that would depend on what you are
planning to to and how to use the data. Perhaps you could provide more
information.

Hope this helps,
Martin