On 4/8/08, Alexander Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hey ppl
>  I really like the philosophy of SQLite, but I need a database that can be
>  accessed by multiple client computers at once, and that can be
>  programatically instantiated. Is there such a thing?

Yes. It is called PostgreSQL.

SQLite is primarily meant to be embedded in an application, and is
also used as a web application's backend where concurrency is usually
not that critical (the web's inherent latency more than compensates
for any infinitesimal waits that the db might inflict). As soon as you
start talking "clients" and "server," that is a hint that you are
looking for a different solution. Always use the right solution and
make your life easier.

Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies http://www.nelson.wisc.edu/
Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) http://www.osgeo.org/