That is such a simple update statement.

Have you tried writing one yourself? Get a good book on the SQL language and
you'll learn.

I think most people on the list do not mind helping but this is just actually
doing the coding for you. And you won't learn anything if someone else does the
work, right?

So dig in make an attempt and if that fails ask "whats wrong with my attempt"?

HTH,
Ken

"Mahalakshmi.m" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hi,

"CREATE TABLE ALBUM(AlbumId INTEGER PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,AlbumName TEXT NOT
NULL COLLATE NOCASE ,AlbumTrackCount INTEGER,UNIQUE(AlbumName));"

AlbumId AlbumName AlbumTrackCount
1  aaa  3
2  ddd  2
3  ccc  1

Here I am maintaining the Number of track for that particular Album in
AlbumTrackCount. Bcoz I need to find the total number of track so instead of
using "select Count(*) from MUSIC where Album_Id = 1 ;" I will just read
the AlbumTrackCount from ALBUM table.This speed up my performance.

"CREATE TABLE MUSIC(Id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY NOT NULL,Track TEXT NOT
NULL,Album_Id INTEGER);"

Id Track  Album_Id
1 t1  1
2 t2  1
3 t3  1
4 t4  2
5 t5  2
6 t6  3

I want to update all the Album to some new name say 'xxx' then i have to
delete all the records in ALBUM table and to insert one new Album  with name
as 'xxx' and the AlbumTrackCount should now become 7.After that I have to
change the Album_Id in MUSIC also.

So after updating
AlbumId AlbumName AlbumTrackCount
1  xxx  7