Hi all!
In the application I'm developing, I'm dealing with monetary values that may
become *very* huge (but with few decimals), and I have the feeling that the
sqlite representation of "REAL" numbers with 8 bytes doubles may not be enough
in my case, and I may get overflows (which would obviously be unacceptable in
my case :-) ).

Following the recent thread "BCD representation of float" (
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.sqlite.general/36787/focus=36803 ), I
thought that maybe a custom implementation of BCD would be a possible solution
in my case.

Maybe I could also implement my own floating point format, based for instance
on an int64 and a way to tell where the decimal point is. But in this case I
would need to reimplement addition, division, etc. to deal with the position of
the decimal point, and this may have a negative impact on performance and a
storage overhead.

Do you think BCD is the way to go for me? Maybe somebody has already solved
this problem (John Stanton?) and could share a possible solution?

Thank you for any insight. I'm very interested in pointers or source code
dealing about that... :-)
Aladdin