Another approach could be to create an in-memory database (and in in-
memory table, like CREATE TABLE last_transaction(id INTEGER);)
and after each write operation save the rowid of the row using
sqlite3_last_insert_rowid (in C) or using SELECT last_insert_rowid();
(SQL) into that table.

---
Marco Bambini
http://www.sqlabs.net