"Andrés G. Aragoneses" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Andrés G. Aragoneses wrote:
>> Igor Tandetnik wrote:
>>> ORDER BY text = '', text
>>
>> It works thanks!
>
> Hugh, but this seems not to be applicable for different columns,
> because, let's suppose I have:
>
> ItemId   ItemName   ItemNameSort
> 1        'Balloon'  'balloon'
> 2        ''         '[noname]'
> 3        'Car'      'car'
>
> If I use "ORDER BY ItemName = '', ItemNameLowered" I get 2,1,3 and I
> want to get 1,3,2. Any ideas?

What's ItemNameLowered? Your table doesn't seem to have such a column.

Have you tested it? I don't see how row 2 could appear first. You don't
actually have apostrophes stored in the database as part of your data,
do you? What does the following statement output:

select ItemId, ItemName, length(ItemName)
from myTable;

Igor Tandetnik