Hi,

My first submission 1 Problem and 1 question J

My problem

I have 2 processes that are causing problems after commits/locks

1.

Copy main database to copydatabase using filesystem object

How to determine when copydatabase is ready for attach?

Attach copydatabase  <-- need to retry a few times

Delete some rows

Detach copydatabase

2.

Attach copydatabase

Begin transaction

Update main database from data in copydatabase

Commit

How to determine when copydatabase is ready for detach?

Detach copydatabase  <-- Need to retry many times

The main application traps the errors before my MS VBScript can use ON ERROR
so I need to test for the error before it occurs.

Hope There is an easy solution

My question

Are triggers restricted to their respective databases?

Main Database Table Name = Songs

Attached Database Table Name = Songs

Both have triggers

CREATE TRIGGER delete_songs DELETE ON Songs

BEGIN

END

Will these act only their respective tables or will they both act on the
main database?

Regards

Terry Ganly