On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 12:32 AM, sqlite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Dear Stephen,
>
> Thanks for the reply. As you said we checked the EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN with
> our
> query and it has shown that all the four tables we use in the query are
> using their indexes and there is no ORDER BY class in our query. So
> sqlite3_prepare compiles the query and sqlite3_step executes the query does
> it mean the execution time for our query is 40 secs because we are
> retrieving the records soon once gets executed.

Weird.  Would it be possible to post the schema (use the '.schema' command
in the sqlite3 command-line program) and the SELECT statement you're using?

Also, which version of SQLite are you using?

--
-- Stevie-O
Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE