Shane Harrelson schrieb:
> Dennis-
>
> Your last "simplification":

I never got that email from Dennis, I would be very interested in it.

Dennis, this is actually what i am currently doing.

However:

i see no speed up for large areas (half the globe, e.g.), but
considerable ones for small areas (a country like france for instance),
as well as very small areas (maximum zoom).

I added an index on the ID field for the search in the city database,
that helped a bit, but i am dissapointed that the rtree search is not
faster than the normal search for bigger areas...

--
Christophe Leske

www.multimedial.de - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/multimedial
Lessingstr. 5 - 40227 Duesseldorf - Germany
0211 261 32 12 - 0177 249 70 31