--- On Wed, 6/4/08, Nicolas Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm told that Firefox expects the full version number in
> the sqlite3.pc
> file, not just "3.5".
>
> Is this true?  If so, why does configure.ac strip out the
> micro number?

I don't know what the sqlite3.pc file is or what it is used for
so I have no idea why the last digit might or might not be stripped
from the version number.

My understanding is that firefox uses the amalgamation, not
anything generated from a configure script.  The SQLite amalgamation
is checked into their source tree.  So I am thinking that FF does
not care about the sqlite3.pc file.  But I am not an expert on
FF and might well be wrong about that.

D. Richard Hipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]