On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 10:54:09AM -0400, Carl Gundel scratched on the wall:
> Isn't there a SQLite 3 compiled library for Power PC Macs running OS X?  We
> do have a G5 Mac here running OS X 10.4 and it has a dylib named
> libsqlite3.0.dylib but it's only about 60K in size.  I'm guessing that this
> is just a front end for SQLite binaries which have been integrated into the
> OS.  Transplanting this library to another machine doesn't work (no
> surprise).

  Mac OS X 10.4.11 for PPC includes the following files:

-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel   36448  /usr/bin/sqlite3
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel  284508  /usr/lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib

  The first is the CLI front-end, while the second is the SQLite
  library.  The library is the "core" of the SQLite system, and the
  "sqlite3" program depends on it.  Apple's CoreData framework also
  links directly against /usr/lib/libsqlite3.0.dylib, making it
  slightly dangerous to replace.

  As noted, the library is much larger than 60K.  Since this is the PPC
  version of 10.4, these files are single-architecture.  If your lib
  file is only 60K, something isn't right.

    -j

"'People who live in bamboo houses should not throw pandas.' Jesus said that."
   - "The Ninja", www.AskANinja.com, "Special Delivery 10: Pop!Tech 2006"