Hello,
I'm learning SQL and have some difficulties to resolve some simple problems
with SQL.

one example:
Suppose I have a table with column DATE, CREDIT, DEBIT
I want to create a new column that is the balance of account (ACCOUNT).
My first approach is to index the table on dates, then starting with 0, then
ACCOUNT = preceding ACCOUNT + CREDIT - DEBIT.
But how can I do this in SQL with no cursor ?

I'm afraid of complexity of SQL for simple problems.
What do you think of this ?

Does SQL is reserved for one sort of database management ?