On Jul 3, 2008, at 4:09 PM, John Stanton wrote:

> I believe Sqlite implemens Soundex as standard.  Thet might work for
> you.

If you compile with -DSQLITE_SOUNDEX=1 then there is an SQL function
named soundex() built-in.  That function takes a single argument and
returns the soundex encoding of the text representation of that
argument.  The soundex() function is undocumented and is not
officially supported, but it does seem to work.

> Alberto Simões wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Although I am quite certain that the answer is that SQLite does not
>> provide any mechanism to help me on this, it doesn't hurt to ask. Who
>> know if anybody have any suggestion.
>>
>> Basically, I am using SQLite for a dictionary, and I want to let the
>> user do fuzzy searches. OK, some simple Levenshtein distance of one
>> or
>> two would do the trick, probably.
>>
>> I imagine that SQLite (given the lite), does not provide any kind of
>> nearmisses search.
>> But probably, somebody here did anything similar in any language?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Alberto

D. Richard Hipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]