If I have a table and I run a query against it with a LIMIT 1000
clause, then presumably once 1000 rows matching the
query have been found, SQLite can return.

Does this change if I have an ORDER BY clause that does
not match any index?  If it does match an index, will SQLite
be clever enough to use that index?

The intention of the question is that I will be receiving queries
from users, but if the query returns too many records, then
I'd rather abort it as soon as possible.  So the real intent of
the question is about how SQLite aborts with respect to
the LIMIT and ORDER BY clause

Thanks,
Csaba Gabor from Vienna