Hello,
I have a table like this:

INT id
TEXT t1
TEXT t2

For a lot of rows the pair (t1,t2) is the same, so, in order to save
space, it would be better to have two tables like:

INT id
INT pair_id

and

INT id
TEXT t1
TEXT t2

But, in my case, speed is more importan than disk space, and if I did
it with two tables, I would have to JOIN them.

Could you tell me if this kind of JOIN would be very expensive in
terms of performance?
In other word, should I give up the idea of saving disk space that way
or I can do it because the performance loss won't be noticeable?

I'm operating on an embedded device, so every possible optimization is
needed.

One more thing you might find useful: we're talking about maximum
10000 rows in the main table. Just shooting in the dark, the second
table shouldn't have more than a few hundreds rows, and its size is
not related to the size of the first table.

Thanks a lot!

--
|_|0|_| - Salvatore Iovene
|_|_|0| - Website:  http://www.iovene.com/