But you can use where 'AA' = upper(fld1) = to get around case issues.

Woody
from his pda

-----Original Message-----
From: D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 3:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; General Discussion of SQLite Database
<sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Subject: Re: [sqlite] text datatype matching functions, binding vs explicit
insert

On Jul 25, 2008, at 8:50 AM, Chris Holbrook wrote:

> I created a table with four text columns and a blob column, and
> populated it using sqlite3 functions ~prepare, ~bind_text,
> ~bind_blob. Now I can't query the data using, for example, "where
> app = 'AA'", though "where app like 'AA'" works! The LENGTH()
> function returns the number of characters which one would expect.
>
> If I insert data in the same table using explicit SQL, I can use "="
> with success.

The = operater is case sensitive.  LIKE is not.  'aa' LIKE 'AA' is
true but 'aa'='AA' is false.

The previous paragraph is true by default.  There are ways of changing
the default.  For example, if you declare a column to be COLLATE
NOCASE then it will not be case sensitive (for US-ASCII characters).
And there is a PRAGMA that will make LIKE case sensitive.

D. Richard Hipp
[EMAIL PROTECTED]