I am using SQLite 3.6.0 under Windows. I created a table using the
following schema:

CREATE TABLE CurrentValues (
  Time_Stamp DATETIME DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
  Sensor_ID WORD DEFAULT 1 NOT NULL,
  Sensor_Name VARCHAR(20),
  Sensor_Type VARCHAR(8),
  Sensor_Value FLOAT DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
  Sensor_Units VARCHAR(15) DEFAULT 'NotSet' NOT NULL,
  Location VARCHAR(20),
  Alarm LOGICAL DEFAULT False,
PRIMARY KEY (Sensor_ID));

Initially the default values for Time_Stamp and Alarm worked as expected
but Sensor_Value and Sensor_Units inserted nothing at all.

I changed the Sensor_ID's type from WORD to INTEGER and this column now
inserts the default value. I changed the Sensor_Units' type to TEXT and
it made no difference.

Can anyone see why my default text value doesn't work?

David Goadby