On Fri, 1 Aug 2008, Dwight Ingersoll wrote:

> SQLite specific. For example, when/why would one choose to attach database
> files over having the scheme reside in one database file, performance
> considerations when databases are attached vs. single file databases.

Dwight,

   SQLite is designed to be embedded in applications with all tables and data
in a single file. For more detailed information I highly recommend Mike
Owens' book, "The Definitive Guide to SQLite." Despite the uselessness of
the index it's an exceptionally helpful resource for learning how SQLite
works and how to use it effectively. It's also great for answering specific
questions during development and use.

Rich